Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Josh:1
Marriage:0

Well…it’s done. My divorce was final as of Monday, June 26th. I’ve received so much incredible support from all of my family and friends. I never expected to be divorced this early in life, but I also never expected a lot of things that have happened. I’m relieved that it is all over. Now if the house will sell, I’ll feel a lot better.

I learned an important lesson in all of this. I’ve always heard that when life gets really tough, you learn who your real friends are. I’m proud to say that not a damn one of them let me down. No matter where across the globe we’ve scattered to, everyone rallied around me to make sure I was alright. From as far away as Italy and Okinawa, to as close as next door, you were all there. I even made a few new friends in the process. I have come to the conclusion that I have, beyond any doubt, the best, most loyal group of friends in the world. Rest assured, everyone, when life tries to knock you down, I’ll be right there to help you back up, just like you all were for me.

On a lighter note, since that is the most serious and personal I’ve ever gotten, I’m going to copy a line from an email Leighton sent me on Monday.

“Now that you’re free are you going to run off to Disney world, without pants on? Because I would.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?