Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Brew at the Zoo

Riverbanks Zoo here in Columbia is having a beer tasting this weekend. I am going. With extreme prejudice. For those of you who know anything about me, you all know that

Beer + Josh + wild animals = Not Too Good

But no one reads this little blog o’ mine to hear about insightful ways that I improved myself and worked towards the greater good. No, I suspect this is more of a Jerry Springer type of situation. You know your time could be better spent elsewhere, but you just keep watching to see what is going to happen next. In related news, I’m going to let a racist hermaphrodite midget guest host next Tuesday. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Seriously, I am a bit concerned about who is working in the marketing area of the zoo. “Let’s see…we need some type of big summer event. We have the family friendly light shows at Christmas, and the child-oriented Halloween festival. We need something for the adults. (Author’s note: I still have a hard time considering myself an adult.) Maybe something edgy, like a wet t-shirt contest! No, too edgy…wait, I’ve got it, we’ll have a beer tasting! In the zoo! Next to the tiger habitat!

See? If I realize something is a bad idea, it must be really bad. I’m the guy who shoots fireworks from a moving four wheeler…while drinking. No one has ever accused me of being a smart man. Which is why my weekend plans now involve getting drunk and riding a giraffe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?