Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Football!

I don’t have a lot to write about this week. I’ve started four or five posts, but none of them seemed to be going anywhere, or they just didn’t seem up to par. I know, that’s never stopped me before, but I’m going to make a conscious effort to not just post for the sake of posting. Especially since I recently found out that people are actually reading this thing. Here’s a fun Spork Nation factoid: I have an equal number of European and vegetarian readers. Discuss the social ramifications of this in a two paragraph essay and leave it in the comments section. The best one will get a prize of some sort.

I got the chance to catch up with my buddy JM this past Sunday night. He was gracious enough to let me crash at his place since I had a meeting in Charleston Monday morning. We drank entirely too much beer Sunday afternoon and well into the evening, which is kind of par for the course with us. He took me to an awesome rooftop bar with a gorgeous view of the Charleston skyline. It made me wish I spent more time in Charleston. Of course, there’s nothing stopping me other than laziness.

On another note, boys and girls, it’s football season. Finally. Despite the fact that neither game last night was terribly exciting, it was still football. Not baseball, basketball, hockey, or tennis, but football. I am in charge of the tailgate for the Clemson game tomorrow. Why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to put me in charge of anything is beyond me. I forgot to pack pants once when I went out of town. Pants. One of those key parts of your wardrobe that keeps your junk from being on display. Do you really think I can remember all of the items necessary for a rockin’ tailgate if I forget pants? Here’s how I envision this one playing out: I forget everything other than beer and my tickets. Possibly even my sister.

Which is why I’m putting my sister in charge of the tailgate. I’ll foot the bill, she just has to work out the details. I already have the cooler in my car.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?