Monday, April 14, 2008

 

The Idiot has Spoken

Well, it's official. Next Sunday is my last shift at the Village Idiot for a while. I'm planning on taking a few weeks off to concentrate on my day job and a few side projects I have going, and then I'll revisit the thought of working at the Village Idiot.

It will be kind of weird not being there all the time. At one point last summer, I was working six out of seven days there, and a lot of my co-workers have become good friends. Some of them have become such good friends that I loan them money (Cap'n, if you don't get me that $45 by week's end, I'm breaking your kneecaps.) I spend entirely too much of my free time playing World of Warcraft with Drew. Brian and Kelly, the owners, have been really great to me. When I needed more hours, I got as many as I could handle. When I got stuck in a meeting with my day job and had to show up late or not at all, they understood. When I cut my hours back to two days a week, they understood. When I was horribly injured in a tragic fryer/grill accident, they rebuilt me, using the most modern technology available, into the beer-drinking sex-machine that I am now.

In short, I think I'm going to miss being there. However, I know I'm going to enjoy having some time to myself. I'm going to update my customer files for my day job, finally get started on the Idiot's website, start up my merch store with Avril, and maybe actually find the time to have a beer with my roommate or cook dinner for Melissa.

Will I go back? We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

JT out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?