Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

A Moment of Silence...

I would like to take a moment of silence here on Spork Nation. The founder of one of the greatest hamburger joints in South Carolina passed away on Wednesday. I know a lot of people who are readers here won't have the slightest clue about this place, but it has some of the best burgers you can get in a fast-food environment.

To put it in perspective, I used to live about a quarter of a mile behind a Rush's, and I easily gained 15-20 pounds in the three months that I lived there. Every time I had plans to go grocery shopping, I would change my mind and wheel into the drive-thru to get a Double Cheeseburger basket, or if I was spending the evening alone, a Chili Cheeseburger basket.

I know Rush's will still exist, and I know it won't change the menu, but I just wanted to say "thanks" to a man who may drive me to an early grave with his delicious food.

JT out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?