Thursday, June 10, 2010

 

What do?

Alright, I must confess, I'm flummoxed. I don't really know the purpose of what I'm doing here anymore. It all started out because I kept reading other blogs that I found amusing and I wanted to add my own flavor into the mix. Then it morphed into a combination of that and stunts. Then it became commentary on music, politics, etc. Sometimes I threw in endorsements, beer and wine info. I added some team members to try to liven it up. Only Fred posted. I have ideas, but want input. What do y'all want to see?

JT out.

Comments:
You just have to stay true to yourself. If you keep thinking about what everyone else wants to see (instead of what interests you directly), it'll feel so much like work that you may never want to write again. If something happens in your life that triggers a "I need to write about this" reaction, that's where you'll find your answers.

You have complete and total control over Spork Nation, which is something most of us can't say about many aspects of our lives. There's a purity in being able to do whatever you want in this public forum, so embrace it and let it come back to your organically. I used to get freaked out if I went a few days without posting something, and all it did was make me dislike my material and get stressed out.

During a period of Writer's Block, the Missus told me: "Your visitors visit because they like you. Whatever you give them is what they want. Anything at all." This isn't pompous or condescending; it's true. Don't give them what they want if it's not what YOU want. They'll see the frustration and doubt, and feed off of it. Write inspired, and the readers will respond in tow.
 
Thanks buddy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?