Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Fall

Well, the seasons are definitely changing here in South Carolina. However, while the temperature is in the high 50’s to low 60’s in the mornings, it is still climbing to the high 80’s and low 90’s in the afternoon. For those of you unfamiliar with the state, it almost never gets really cold here. Sure, we have snow and ice from time to time, but it rarely ever sticks around for more than a week, and it never accumulates to more than a couple of inches. Of course, now that I’ve put that in writing, Mother Nature will decided to send us a blizzard of epic proportions and keep the temperature well below freezing until July because she hates me. She’s a dirty whore.

My feud with Mother Nature aside, it finally feels like football season outside in the mornings, and I’m getting the urge to go camping as well. Anyone who has kept up with this blog since its inception last December will be bracing themselves for impact, based on my previous camping escapades. Well, I’m here to tell you, I’m not going to disappoint you. I know for a fact that our next camping trip will involve the use of chainsaws while consuming alcohol. It has to; since trees have fallen across the road we cut down to the campsite last spring. Sure, we could operate the chainsaws before we start drinking, but I’ve never run a chainsaw sober, so I’d probably do something stupid.

Those of you who know me in real life may be concerned about another factor: the girlfriend. As you know, I have settled down considerably in the past month. I haven’t sat up drinking long enough to watch the sun rise in quite a while, nor have I rung up any obscene bar tabs. I haven’t even woken up on Kyle’s futon in a month or so. She’s a good influence. This doesn’t mean I won’t have good stories, it only means that they are less likely to involve police and/or other emergency personnel. I promise I’m still not all that bright, and I still love fireworks, PBR and moonshine just as much as ever. I’m just slowing down a bit, and my liver thanks me. This does not preclude me from a wild bender from time to time. I just try to reserve them for once a month instead of once a week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?